Bringing the power of the sun to your socket
Solar PV Panels
Photovoltaic (PV) Panels exist in two forms, Monocrystalline and Polycrystalline. Each harnesses the power of the sun as explained in our How Solar Works section, but below are some key differences to be aware of between Monocrystalline and Polycrystalline panels:
- Formed from silicon ingots, cut into whole thin wafers
- Highly efficient due to ‘whole cell’ structure
- Increased low-light performance
- Highly durable ‘whole cell’ structure
- Greater cost to produce and thus to purchase
- Formed by moulding melted silicon and slicing into perfect wafers
- Less efficient due to lower silicon purity
- Reduced low-light performance
- More environmentally friendly by cutting silicon waste
- Lower production costs and thus cheaper to buy
AES Solar is proud to be a SunPower premium partner and accredited installer.
Not only has SunPower created the world’s first 400W panel as part of its advanced MAXEON 3 range, but every SunPower panel comes with a 25-year product and linear power warranty.
eddi immersion link up
Don’t want to send excess power back to the grid? eddi will utilise any excess energy to heat your home and water, rather than exporting it to the national grid.
eddi is an innovative energy management system, designed for seamless use with grid-tied PV or wind turbine systems.
Discover more about why eddi could be your perfect housemate for sustainable energy management, at: myenergi.com
At AES, we use SolarEdge inverters to provide our customers the power to monitor their solar system from the comfort of their own home.
Not only does SolarEdge allow you to see exactly how your system is performing at any moment, you can even see the production of each individual panel thanks to SolarEdge power optimisers.
This means that on a cloudy day, your system will be working to its full potential, and remain unaffected by shading from other panels.
Each SolarEdge Inverter comes with a substantial 12-year warranty as standard, extendable up to an incredible 25 years for even greater peace of mind.
Click here to download our handy Photovoltaic Inverter Guide to find out the best inverter for your solar needs.